Busy mom, are you so busy taking care of your family that you have forgotten to take care of yourself? Did you wake up feeling beautiful, energetic and peaceful this morning? No? Did you know that tomorrow can be different? Here are some of my favorite beauty tips to help you thrive again.
1. There are two things you can start doing this moment that will help you look and feel more beautiful.
- Improve your posture.
2. There are two things that you can do that will make all the other beauty efforts fade:
- Put a frown on your beautiful face.
3. I use organic coconut oil for everything. Cover yourself in it from head to toe after a hot shower at night then sleep. This oil will renew your skin and does not make you greasy or clog pores, it also heals skin problems.
4. Change a few eating habits. Eat more whole grains, fresh fruits, and natural meats and veggies instead of processed and packaged foods. Read labels. If you can not understand the list of ingredients, don’t buy the food–it might be packed with chemicals. It is best to put good food into your body, as your body is constructed from the food you eat. If you want to be beautiful, eat beautiful, colorful and natural foods.
5. Do not poison your body. Avoid high fructose corn syrup and white sugar. These things cause countless problems and make you look and feel zapped! Say “No” to sugary drinks and soda. Avoid fake sweeteners. Scientists keep finding out that fake sugars cause cancer, and who wants cancer?
6. If you love ice-cream, cheese cake, lattes and chocolate as much as I do, don’t deprive yourself 100%. That is not fun. Limit treats to 2 or 3 times per week, but never 3 days in a row. Save treats for special occasions. When you indulge in sugary snacks three days in a row it is easy to start a sugar addiction, and day 4 will be one of irresistible sugar cravings. So just limit your treats, and enjoy them occasionally.
6. I drink fresh, unprocessed whole milk from grass-fed cows and use lots of Kerry-Gold Butter. These amazing dairy products are pure and rich in nutrients. These are the nutrients that will rejuvenate your body and help you recover from the weight gain and stretching of childbirth. If you have the nutrition your body longs for, the cravings will stop, and you will not need to over eat. People often feel hungry, and have cravings because they lack the vitamins, healthy fats, minerals, and enzymes that are found in raw milk. When I am enjoying fresh milk and real butter I feel my best, and my energy is very consistent. I started drinking fresh milk right after the birth of my 3rd child, and my recovery and weight loss was rapid. Recovery was much harder with my first two children, because I had a normal American diet.
7. When you wake up tired and cranky you are not going to shine. If you are not getting enough rest, do this before bed: Drink about 10 ounces of water mixed with 2 Tablespoons of Liquid Chlorophyll and take 4 Wild Salmon Oil Capsules right before bed. This combination will renew your body overnight. It also helps with weight loss after the baby, and is the best fertility booster I know of. The nutrients restore the whole body and also helps to heal the reproductive system from harm caused by birth control or poor nutrition.
8. If you eat nutritious foods, don’t worry about wearing out your body through pregnancy and breastfeeding. God’s design is perfect and babies are a blessing. When you are nurturing new life, your body produces beneficial hormones to help your baby thrive and at the same time your body is rejuvenated and revived in the process. Most of the women I know who have large families are fit, youthful and vibrant.
9. Don’t do the things that are proven to ruin your body: smoking, drinking more than one cup of coffee or wine per day, eating too much sugar, taking unnecessary medications, and using hormone altering birth control. All these things damage your body. Find something better to do. Don’t settle for less than the best. You are worth it!
10. Drink a lot of water. You know this, so do it.
11. Spend time in the sunlight and in the moonlight. Watch the stars, spend time in nature, plant a garden, camp, go outside without shoes on. Do all these things with someone you love, and the benefits are double!
12. Live a life worth living! Ask yourself these important questions, and give yourself honest answers:
- Am I where I belong in life? That means: Am I following my calling? Am I becoming who I was meant to be? Am I close to God? Am I being wise and loving in my relationships?
- What are my goals? If married – what are our common goals?
- What am I doing right now to reach those goals?
- Have most of my life decisions been fear-based or hope-based?
- Is my life headed in the right direction? If not, should I get off at the next stop and catch a different train that will take me to the right destination?
- If I start over, change direction, start something new, or begin now to work toward my calling, dream or goals:
- What is the WORST that could happen? Is the WORST worth risking?
- What is the BEST that could happen? Is the BEST worth risking?
- If I know I need to turn my life around or make an important change, what will I lose by not taking action?
- What could my life look like in five years if I make the changes and work toward my goals, dream or calling.
- What could my life look like in five years if everyday was basically a repeat of everything that happened last week?
- What is holding you back from fulfilling your calling, living your dream or pursuing your goal? Is the thing holding you back more precious that your dreams, goals and calling.
- Use the Mom-Schooling journals to record your thoughtful answers, and enjoy the relaxing benefits of Art & Logic therapy!