- I don’t force my kids to learn anything that is obviously irrelevant.
- I don’t teach toward college.
- I lead them toward a specific career starting at age 13.
- We have more freedom to specialize and build real skills.
- I am having them build portfolios and major now in the things they would learn in college later.
- The goal is for each one to be an expert in their field by age 18, and to have an income source to support themselves.
- If they need college to further their goals, they can show a great portfolio, and pay for it themselves.
- I don’t really want them to go deep in debt over a degree though. Most kids don’t have a chance to develop their skills and become specialized in anything at a young age, because so much time is taken up on irrelevant things.
- Ask God for wisdom for each child, and He will guide you, that could mean teaching toward tests, college, careers, missions, homemaking or anything.
Join the discussion in our Mom’s Support group here.