We all have moments and seasons that we look back on and wonder how we made it through. Enjoy one of my Facebook posts from a decade ago…
I found a journal from 2004 – Moms – you need a laugh… I had a made a list of all the “toddler trouble” Anna got into in one week.
The Setting: Rachel is one month old. Estera is 1 1/2, Anna is 3, and Isaac is 5.
Anna’s Top 20 for the Week of May 5th 2004:
1. Anna mixes ice-cream, sprinkles, popcorn and cat food.
2. Anna plays with a slug until she kills it.
3. Anna gets baby out of swing all by herself.
4. Anna glues paper to the floor.
5. Popcorn dumped all over floor.
6. Anna & Estera put celery in the potty.
7. Anna dumps Wheat Chex into bath tub.
8. Anna makes art with peanut butter.
9. Anna cuts her hair.
10. Anna spreads glue stick all over.
11. Anna dumps the chalk twice and eats it.
12. Anna paints and colors everything but the paper.
13. Anna sprinkles poppy seeds all over the house.
14. Anna goes bug hunting.
15. Anna sneaks off with a plate of spaghetti, and decorates house with it.
16. I look out the upstairs window to see diapers scattered all over the roof – Anna?
17. Anna sneaks away with the popcorn popper and knocks over a large glass container, shattering it all over the laundry room.
18. Anna removes ink stick from a red marker. Anna fills a container with water, adds the red ink stick, makes red water.
19. Anna spills red water all over the house.
20. Anna gets the ice cream, all by herself.
What was I doing while Anna was making all these messes? I was nursing baby, homeschooling Isaac, recovering from birth, and cleaning up glass, wheat Chex, peanut butter, glue stick, chalk…
The saying is so true…”The days are long, but the years are short!” Cherish each moment you can. Today, Anna is a beautiful, talented, inspiring young woman. You will survive, and they will thrive. Stay faithful, mom friends!
See this post for some survival tips! See this one to read an update on Anna today!