Bad Days. We all have them.
Here are some ideas for how I try to turn a bad day into a good day.
1. Turn on “Just Dance” for the kids on YouTube.
2. Don’t try to do school as planned. Find a funny way to repurpose a page in a workbook or Fun-Schooling Journal. Let your kids turn the Nature Study page into a Zombie Study page.
3. Take a break from everything that is stressing anyone out.
4. Get out of the house, with or without kids. Preferably without. Haha!
5. Get out a board game or UNO. If you want the older kids to be busy for a long time offer a nice prize to the winner of the Monopoly game.
6. Turn on Secret Garden – White Stones.
7. Assign each big kid to play with each little kid, and escape.
8. Let the kids bake something.
9. Light candles and ask one of the older girls to make tea for two.
10. Sit in the corner and cry. And then find the chocolate. And then color in a Mom-School Journal.
12. Read a blog post by an inspiring person, like deeprootsathome.com
13. Ask husband to take a bunch of kids to a park. (If you are a single mom, reach out to grandparents or fellow mom friends for a swap play date…and then return the favor!)
14. Get everyone outside for Nature Study.
15. Make an early dinner.
16. Tell the kids that we will have a movie night if they get the house clean, and turn on the happy music while they work.
18. Send a group of older kids to the corner market to get ice cream for everyone.
19. Figure out how to turn tonight into a date night.
20. If all else fails, ask husband to put the kids to bed early. Then clean your room really nice, set out a treat, light a candle, turn on peaceful music, ask husband to bring the wine, lattes, or fresh squeezed orange juice. Be sure to sweetly ask husband to get the kids to bed while while you take a long hot shower. In this case HE WILL do what it takes to get the kids to bed early!
What works for YOU? Share in the comments!